Friday, January 04, 2013

Payton's Baptism...

Well, Happy New Year! It is so hard to believe that it is 2013 and yet another year has passed by...where does the time go? We had a wonderful Christmas this year, I just love the time with all my kids at home just hanging out and being together. This year was even more special because Payton was baptized just a few days after Christmas. It was such a wonderful day! Back in August before school started, we went out and took some special pictures of her in her baptism dress...I am so glad we did! This little girl just shines inside and out and we are so blessed to have her in our family. She is full of so much sweetness and spunk and we just couldn't live without her. I am so proud of the decision she made to get baptized...she is such a good example to her little sisters and brother! xoxoxo















For those of you who aren't of my faith, you may wonder why children aren't baptized until the age of 8...you can read a short and simple explanation here, but basically we are taught that by the age of 8 children can understand the difference between right and wrong. Payton was very lucky to have her daddy baptize and confirm her as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :)




It was a very emotional and wonderful day, and in the days leading up to her baptism and after, we've been able to have many special talks and moments with her. As the cliche goes, I just can't believe that she is already 8 years old and has reached this very special milestone in her little life! I hope she always remembers how happy she felt on this day. :)

After her baptism we had our families over for dinner and dessert, and we showed this little slideshow that we put together for Payton...it still makes me tear up watching it, heehee! We love our girl, Happy 8th Birthday, Payton and Congratulations!!! xoxox




Photobucket

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I absolutely love your blog, so I'm glad to see you are blogging again. Keep it up! Your little Payton is a beauty (as are all your children). Your photography is amazing and you do such fun things with your kids. You give me so many ideas. Thanks!

me said...

Such a special day and a definite milestone for Payton and you! It really does go by so fast. Craziness! The pics are beautiful and the slideshow is so cute. Save it and you'll have the first part of her wedding slide show done! (How crazy of a thought is that?! aaahhh!) haha.
xo, jody

Unknown said...

i can't believe how grown up she's getting!! we loved watching the slide show - molly kept trying to guess how old she was in each picture. we love you payton!

-niki

Kim said...

So sad that I missed her special day! Gorgeous girl and gorgeous pictures!! Love her!! xox

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Love the idea of the video!! I am doing that went my daughter turns 8 in four more years :)